Monday 9 April 2012

Easter


Easter fun began with chocolate bunnies, placed in each child's breakfast bowl on the table, so that it was the first thing they saw when they came down in the morning. Our family Easter traditions seem to change from year to year, although we do always hang the Easter egg garland from the mantle piece, buy daffodils and eat hot cross buns and chocolate. I've really enjoyed reading about other people's Easter traditions. I think next year we need to make and decorate an Easter tree!


Yesterday we drove up to Durham where we are spending a few days with John's parents. The rest of the day was a happy mess of playing in the local park, throwing balls for Alfie the dog, playing with cars, eating Easter bunny biscuits, eating roast chicken, and then two very tired children settled down to sleep in record time in their new bunk beds.


14 comments:

  1. Looks very nice! We didn't do many decorations this year either, but I enjoyed it all the same! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next year I am going all out on white spray painted twigs and Easter kitsch!

      Delete
  2. Those biscuits are very cute! Must decorate some branches next year too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother in law made them. They are good, I have eaten many!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a lovely Easter. Those bunny biscuits are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The biscuits look lovely Gillian. And then two very tired children settled down to sleep in record time - what a wonderful end to a happy day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can take no credit for the biscuits, but i did enjoy eating them! (the kids took over an hour to settle tonight, lots of giggling and crashing coming from their room...)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful Easter! Love the felt garland...just lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I like the colours. And i appreciate it more as it only comes out for a couple of weeks a year!

      Delete
  6. i love your easter. the garland is beautiful as is the bunny biscuit. how cute is alfie! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica. Yes, Alfie is mighty cute but he is leaves a not so cute layer of white hair over EVERYTHING! Nothing is safe. No wearing black for me this week!

      Delete
  7. i too love the felt garland. i might have to make one for next year. and i, like everyone else, love the bunny biscuits. another idea to steal for next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to give my mother in law full credit for the biscuits, she made them, but i am totally stealing the idea next year! x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.