Wednesday 28 March 2012

I've Got Mail


Good, good things came in the post this week.

This beautiful embroidery kit arrived from all the way across the pond in what seemed like no time at all, from Alicia Paulson's Posie Gets Gozy blog and shop.


A box of brownies arrived, from a sweet and lovely friend over at ohabigail (thank you, lovely girl). I am pleased to report that they are totally amazing; chocolatey but not overly so (which I like) divinely crisp on top and moist in the middle. They were so beautifully packaged too. I do love it when things are nicely packaged, it makes the receiving and unwrapping so much more fun.


I recently ordered a mount to frame some cards I bought from Liberty while I was in London. They caught my eye and said buy me, buy me, even though they were £5 each, which is a ludicrous amount of money to spend on a greetings card. But I love the colours and the illustrations, and since I was under the Liberty spell and planned to put them on the wall, I bought them. One for each member of our little family, with the initial of each of our first names. 


Of course the post-person (ours is a lady) also delivered a council tax bill, water rates bill and bank statement this week, so it's not all fun.

20 comments:

  1. They look so lovely. Helps take the edge off the horrible stuff, which I let my husband take care of :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear if i leave the horrid stuff for husband, it will never be done...

      Delete
  2. What a lovely selection of things to arrive through the post! The Posie Gets Cozy sampler kit looks delightful. Looking forward to seeing the finished result in due course. And what a sweet idea for framing a card for each of your family's initials. £5 per card is expensive but £20 for a personalised print to go on the wall is not bad so look at it that way & you'e got a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, I do like your thinking! When you put it like that, I'm sure I've saved money somehow!

      Delete
  3. What lovely things your postie brought. I will look forward to seeing your finished sampler :D I've received a few goodies in the post this week too, I must try and grab some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Photographing the parcels was the easy bit - now i have to actually sew the sampler. Actually, eating the brownies wasn't too arduous, now I think of it...

      Delete
  4. i love it when good things arrive in the mail. alicia paulson lives in the same the city i live in. it is indeed a small world :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love her! The best, best thing about blogging is the sort-of meeting lovely people with similar interests who live on the other side of the world...like you! It's brilliant.

      Delete
  5. I love to receive gifts and fun things in the mail...enjoy the yummy brownies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have nearly gone - I may have enjoyed them a little too much!

      Delete
  6. Great post - I love a parcel! That sampler looks beautiful but I must finish that Emily Peacock first. And those brownies look descrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really must finish my Emily Peacock too...i keep doing a bit then abandoning it for other things. Must. Finish. It.

      Delete
  7. Your comment about the post lady made me laugh. I too am a "post lady" (rural mail carrier substitute in rural Wisconsin, USA) and if I had a nickle for every time someone told me to take their bills back I'd be able to pay them all! :).

    Spring is early here too (by almost 2 months!) though I heard the word snow during the weather forecast. Lovely flowers you have there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Christine! I think the correct term here is "postal delivery worker" but everyone still says postman. I hope Spring stays in Wisconsin and you don't get more snow. :-) Gillian x

      Delete
  8. Like Emma I really feel I must finished the Emily Peacock before buying the sampler. But I will be looking to see how hard it is and how you get on with it. If you find is tough I will be stuffed!
    So glad the Brownies filled a hole. You deserve them xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, I will be guinea pig for you, it's a hard life. You did send me brownies. xxx

      Delete
  9. brown paper packages tied up with string....and brownies? Most definitely my favourite things ;) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Who doesn't love parcels and brownies. Good stuff! Gillian x

      Delete
  10. some lovely links there and photos too. nice to meet you. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you too! Thanks - I'm always convinced my photos are terrible so it is very sweet of you to say otherwise. Gillian xx

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.