Thursday 16 August 2012

A Little Bit of Bling (Mollie Makes Magazine)


I like to think this is what Dorothy would wear if there was a running scene in The Wizard of Oz.


Ingredients:

Pumps/sneakers - £6
Glue £3.85
Sequins - £2
Tweezers and Issue 15 of Mollie Makes - already lying around the house.


Method:

Take one pair of cheap and boring shoes from your local supermarket. Spend a happy afternoon with glue and sequins making them as pretty and sparkly as possible. 


This is part of my mission to make one thing from each month's Mollie Makes. I was given a subscription for my birthday and I have challenged myself to get creative each time one lands on the doormat.



Bella wanted to join in (of course she did!) We asked Angus if he wanted to help too. He sauntered over, looked at what we were doing and said "no thank you" and sat down and played with his trains. Fair enough.


Bella decorated her old gym shoes from last year. They only cost about £3, and she will need a new pair for the new school term, so I was quite happy for her to unleash her inner artist on them. She says they are her new party shoes.




20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know, and so easy! Hmmm, what else can I cover in sequins... x

      Delete
  2. Love these! It's my birthday soon and a subscription to Mollie might have to go on the list!

    In the mean time, the making spot has 200 free patterns to look through, from the same publishers as Mollie. http://www.themakingspot.com/patterns/free

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if I'd buy the magazine every month but I really enjoy the subscription, there are some good ideas in there.

      Delete
  3. Love this month's make Gillian - the trainers are really cute .. loving the sparkly go faster stripes ... my Mollie Make is still a work in progress (surprise, surprise) :-) ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I am now very intrigued as to which "make" you are making! Notice how I am picking the quick and easy ideas. x

      Delete
  4. loving this - so much more fun, creative and so much cheaper that Leli Kellis!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Leli Kellis thing hadn't occured to me, but yes, they are like cheapo Leli Kellis. Next time Bella begs me for a pair in Hopscotch I will suggest we get the glue out again! x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! They are fun to make, and easy. Perfect for a rainy afternoon. x

      Delete
  6. What fun! Your sparkly shoes are fab as are Bella's! Are you going to run in these?! E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! No, I think I would leave a gingerbread trail of sequins all over my running route - I'm not sure how good the glue is!! Also, when you spend £6 on shoes, it should come as no surprise that they aren't very comfortable. These are for short journeys only! x

      Delete
  7. Gillian, these are so much fun. Do they make you want to dance when you have them on?!! : -)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but I do a lot of foot wiggling so I can watch the sequins glitter in the light...glittery shoes = fun! x

      Delete
  8. I love these! My ll year old sister would adore them! Thanks for the idea!
    Aly xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could take credit for the idea - it's from Mollie Makes. But thanks for stopping by and I hope your sister enjoys making them.
      Gillian x

      Delete
  9. Oh, gosh I love these. What a simple way to jazz up some plain sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing is safe from the glue and sequins in this house now! Just think what you could do with a plain clutch handbag...

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.