Wednesday 22 February 2012

Baby Mobile # 2


I've just finished another bird mobile, for a girl this time. My friend Rose had a daughter two weeks ago and I promised I would make her a mobile. It was such fun to use some of my new fabrics and use lots of pinks and make it very girly.



I used the same method as last time:
  • sew two birds templates together
  • turn the right way out 
  • sew on the wings
  • stuff with wadding
  • stitch closed
  • attach the buttons for eyes
  • hang from an embroidery hoop



I'd like to do one in bold rainbow colours now I think, bright and cheerful. I will use this beautiful cloud mobile for inspiration . I just need someone I know to have another baby now...

11 comments:

  1. As you know I covert that mobile! A rainbow bird one sounds amazing. The pink fabrics you have used are very pretty, I am sure they will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, sorry, I did totally steal the idea from you... ;-) xx

      Delete
    2. Not at all - its just something pretty I want to buy ;) xx

      Delete
  2. I have a rainbow project in mind too - though I need a trip to liberty first and that won't be til April!!

    Gorgeous mobile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks Rachel. I'm intrigued about your rainbow project!

      Delete
    2. I'm making this as a cushion but using a coloured liberty print for each stripe

      Delete
    3. http://www.purlbee.com/mini-quilt-rainbow-quilt/

      Delete
    4. ooh, nice. I need to go on Purl bee more!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jooles, thanks, yes it went down very well. And I got to have some newborn cuddles so all in all a successful morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous mobile Gillian, your rainbow sounds interesting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I think i may have to make one anyway just for the fun of it! x

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.