Monday 13 February 2012

Den Building Week


I don't know if, technically speaking, I cheated a bit with this post. It's for Den Building Week on Emma Bradshaw's blog. A fantastic idea - everyone make dens and photograph them and share them. But we made ours on Friday afternoon, so not actually half term, I know. The kids were tired and irritable and restless and so I thought it was a good a time as any to get den building.

It was old school den building - just chairs and blankets. No mucking about with indoor teepees and wigwams. Den making is a perfect February Half Term activity when it's too cold for the garden or park, and the children need a diversion that can last a whole afternoon. Angus LOVED the den. He moved his box of cars inside and began a complicated Lining Up The Toy Cars game that required grave concentration. Bella sulked and sat on top of the chairs because she wanted the Peppa Pig playhouse out instead. You can't win them all.


If Angus wears anything with a hood, he has to have the hood up ALL the time. No-one is allowed to touch the hood.



3 comments:

  1. I love your den Gillian, thank you so much for joining in with the fun. Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Den....I'm in awe of everyone's blanket collections! Thank you for taking part and for your lovely pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! It was such a great idea. Thanks for opening it up to others - it looks like a lot of fun was had by all. Gillian x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.