Monday 20 February 2012

Birthday Wishes


Today is my birthday. My sister, Anna, gave me these jars as an early birthday present on Friday and I have been nibbling on them ever since. Rocky Roads in one jar, Apricot and Almond cookies in the other. Such a lovely present.


And this pretty jug from my sister Katy.



A subscription to Mollie Makes magazine from my best friend Abigail. A day out on a Learn to Crochet course from John (plus unlimited yarn spending money I hope!). But best of all, this from Bella.



And I wish that I could share my birthday cookies with you, my very few but very dear blog readers. If you were local, I would love to sit and have a coffee and chat with you, and talk about cooking and sewing and a million other things. Thank you so much for reading. 

Now, I'm off to ring the plumber as the boiler is on the blink again.


16 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Gillian, looks like you have had some gorgeous things! What a really sweet card from Bella, one to keep for ever I suspect?
    Have a lovely day,
    Essie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Essie, yes that card will be added to the box of things I am too sentimental to ever part with! Gillian x

      Delete
  2. Happy happy birthday lovely girl. Anna has aced the baking! Love the card and am very envious of the crochet course! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO excited about the crochet course, it's ridiculous. If I'm not brilliant at it straight away I will cry.

      Delete
  3. Hi Jooles, thank you! I am so far having a very lovely day, despite a husband at work and two little ones at home as it's a teacher training day.. ;-) Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gillian!! the best for you today!! enjoy your day with the little ones!! have you made a birthday cake?? :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guillermina, thank you! I didn't make a cake but my friend brought round a delicious coffee and walnut cake earlier, so I've kept up my cake calorie intake for the day! Gillian x

      Delete
  5. Many happy returns Gillian! Hope you've had a really lovely birthday. Your presents look delightful and the card from Bella to be treasured for years to come. I hope the plumber came and fixed the boiler - it's still cold to be without one that is working. Have a lovely (and hopefully warm!) evening. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth. The plumber didn't come but I have steak and red wine and salted caramel macaroons to distract me for the evening ahead. Gillian x

      Delete
  6. happy birthday gillian! you blog looks quite lovely. thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    cassie @ four four ten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cassie! I am still in awe of your Valentine's Day book...

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday to you! Just popped over from Attic 24 to say Hi ~ it looks like you had a lovely day and got some wonderful presents too :O)x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A belated happy birthday! I celebrate my own this Friday and can only hope I get as spoiled as you did! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hazel! And Happy Birthday to you for Friday! Hope you have a wonderful day. Gillian x

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.