Thursday 21 February 2013

52 Weeks of Happy...19/52



The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.


What a bumper week of happy times! I've just looked through all the photos I've taken over the last week and I've struggled to limit it to four. We're are enjoying a week of glorious sunshine, quality time with family and friends, and birthday celebrations. Joining in with the lovely Jen at little birdie, I give you this week's happies:

1. A spectacular roast dinner on Sunday. It was good to two reasons: the food and pub were perfect (we ate roast beef - I'm pretty sure it was beef, but if is was horse, it was very tasty horse) and the company was even better. 

2. A sunny and cold walk on the beach on Monday. The kids associate the beach with ice cream, regardless of the freezing temperatures.  Four children wrapped to within an inch of their life in hats, mittens and scarves ate bright blue bubblegum favour ice cream. The only nice thing I can say about the ice cream they chose is it was as blue as the sky.

3. Wednesday was my birthday (more on that later!) and my absolute best gift was these handmade cards from my small people. Yes, I am very sentimental.

4. Celebrating my niece, Eleanor's, third birthday. The 250 miles that separate Leeds from the South coast make it tricky for Bella and Angus to attend their cousins birthday celebrations and so it was extra special for us to join in today.


*****************************************************


Thank you all SO MUCH for you warm and kind words about my blanket. You are all very lovely, you are. We return to Leeds tomorrow and I will make time to stop by your blogs and say hello, something I've not had a moment to do this week. Our half term break is coming to an end, but fear not, I will put together a bumper holiday blog special, just for you, with photos of EVERYTHING I've done, seen and eaten this week and truly bore the pants off you all. No really, you're welcome.

35 comments:

  1. such cute cards!! I'm glad you've had a lovely half-term, and those yorkshires look delicious!! look forward to your holiday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't half term go by quickly! Glad you've had a good one. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is watering looking at that roast beef dinner!! Yorkies look yum yum!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those cards! Happy Birthday to you! Looks like half term is has been a good one. Such gorgeous blanket you made - baby looks very happy with it! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your 52 Weeks of Happy makes me happy, too! Adorable cards from your children. I'm sure you'll treasure them (the kids and the cards!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! I'm with you, there's nothing better than a handmade card from the little ones :-) Hope you've had a really wonderful time x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Yorkshire pud would make anyone happy! Lovely sunny shots too..blue ice cream, whatever next. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww.... I absolutely adore cards from my kids, you should see the boxes I have of stuff from my kids, since I have 5 of them and 3 are grown... But I refuse to part with it! In 50 years when I'm long gone they can all decide who gets what, but for now, Its mine mine mine!! :)
    And I do hope you had some Yorkshire pudding for me... Ah how I love Yorkshires and never get them here!
    Have a great weekend friend!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cards are so pretty I love a handmade card :) The roast beef looks yummy have a great est of week and weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember my mother taking my sister and me on cold out of season beach walks around this time of year - yes, it does make you happy - and the memory of them still makes me happy - especially the ones when it was raining when she'd always suggest we wore our shorts 'so we didn't get wet'!!
    Great blog - thank you!
    Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday! It looks like you're having a very nice vacation. I look forward to reading all about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday for Wednesday. We've got cousin company this coming weekend. Looking forward to the photo round-up xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday Gillian! Looks and sounds like you've had a fabulous week and your little people's cards are super gorgeous. Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for posting...pics are great. Buttons are such FUN!!

    Have a JOYful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You had me at the pic of the yorkshire pudd! Yum! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, a very happy happy birthday to you Gillian! Hope the year ahead is your favorite yet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. sparkle cake AND yorkshire pud. heaven! hsappy birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday to you Gillian!!! I hope your day was extra special!!! I love the cards from your little ones...so sweet! I hope you had a relaxing week with family. I look forward to hearing more about it and seeing more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy birthday! The week sounds lovely. And blue ice cream too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's one huge yorkshire pudding! looks delicious.
    Butterfly cake is so cute and your kids art work is adorable.
    Looks like you've been having a great week, Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Gillian,
    Belated Happy Birthday to you! Pleased you had a wonderful week away, looks like everyone had fun!
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great happy photos and sounds like you had a fantastic week away. Happy birthday to you!
    M xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday! It seems to be the birthday week in blogland. Beautiful cake, fantastic Yorkshire Pud (although I'm thinking it's not as brilliant as the homemade ones that have popped up here previously). Enjoy the rest of half term! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday Gillian ... looks like you've had a lovely break ... your cards are so cute ... enjoy your weekend ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. We have visited a beach this week too it was wonderful although my youngest wanted to go for a paddle! Belated Happy Birthday wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my, that Sunday lunch looks divine. I'm so hungry looking at that photo! Happy birthday and I hope you had a lovely day :) Meredith x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy belated birthday. It looks and sounds like you've all had a wonderful week, and how lovely to be able to celebrate your niece's birthday with her too. The pub lunch looks delicious, and those birthday cards are priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Happy Birthday! Great cards!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Birthday!!! Such beautiful cards and I'm glad you had such a great week. I for one, am sad that half term is over.... x

    ReplyDelete

  30. Happy Birthday Gillian!!

    Your half term break with your family sounds just about perfect. My boys love bubblegum ice cream too!

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy Birthday Gillian, and sorry I'm late with salutations.

    Nothing beats the seaside in winter, however cold, and of course you must consume copious quantities of ice cream while there, but only after you've eaten chips from the paper while sitting on the seafront ... it's the rules ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy birthday! Your cards are just so lovely. Your little ones are talented crafters just like their mum :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can almost feel the salt on my lips from those sea pictures.

    How about a whole cloth quilt or lap duvet with your fabric? Some lovely ones in purlbee?

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the cards and we too had a pub lunch yesterday!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.