Monday 31 December 2012

2012 - A Year In Pictures


1. January - The birth of this blog, cosy suppers with friends, cold weather, weekends spent hibernating at home, mugs of hot tea.

2. February - Snow, a week by the sea back home, my birthday, a day trip to London, cosy lunches with friends, stew and dumplings, 

3. March - An unusually hot month, blossom, trips to the park, gardening, ladybirds, lardy cake.

4. April - A brief snow fall, a day well spent learning to crochet, lots more gardening, Easter, a week spent in Durham with family, tulips.


5. May - Angus turns three, sunshine, a gloriously hot and sunny weekend celebrating my Dad's sixtieth birthday, bunting, ice lollies, birthday cake. 

6. June - John's birthday, Jubilee celebrations, paint, a new sofa, paddling pools, rain showers, union flags.

7. July - A joyful holiday in the Cotswolds, a week of sunshine, fresh air, countryside, day trips, strawberry picking, cream teas.

8. August - The Olympics, long school holidays, rain, my sister came to stay, day trips to local farms and parks with friends, a trip back home to see family, beach huts, ice creams.



9. September - Back to school, Angus starts nursery, the Yorkshire Dales, blackberries and apples.

10. October - Halloween, another day trip to London, another trip to Durham and the Northumberland coast, lavender, crunchy fallen leaves, toffee apples, pumpkins.

11. November - Bonfire night, sparklers, craft fairs, running races, preparing for Christmas, hats and gloves, poppies, parkin.

12. December - Bella turns six, nativity plays, cheerleading performances, parties, new toys, gingerbread, lemsip, poinsettias, fairy lights.

************************************************

One of the many rewarding aspects of blogging is the way in which you can look back over things, track progress, smile at moments caught on camera, remember things you might otherwise have forgotten.

I've added a few words to accompany the above pictures, but not really included the everyday, the air that I breathe, which is; John, Bella and Angus, family and friends, cooking and baking, crocheting, knitting, sewing, crafting, reading, book group - all the things which bring me endless happiness and keep me sane.

It has not been an easy year, but looking back through this blog I see that it has been a busy one, full of doing and making and eating and laughter. I hope 2013 brings more of the above.

************************************************

Happy New Year to you all. Thank you so much for being here and reading and sharing this blogging journey with me. Your comments and support are an endless source of joy and inspiration and I treasure you, my blogging friends. I hope 2013 brings you everything you wish for.

Gillian x

29 comments:

  1. What a lovely, fun-filled year! I love the blogging community, w take the rough with the smooth, support and encourage one another, I for one would not want to be without it now. Congratulations on your Blogiversary and have a fabulous New Year. Looking forward to catching up in 2013!

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the essence of your blog 'the air that you breathe'. Congratulations on a year of blogging and thank you for your support and company these last few months. Happy New Year Gillian to you and your family. Claire at Just a little less xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you a creative, happy New Year! Look forward to sharing 2013 with you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Gillian, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Gillian you've done so well with this blog in a year. A true inspiration.

    I love your photography and your never-ending craftiness. Thanks for being my blogging friend this year.

    All the best for 2013. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Gillian for all the blog love and support over this last year! I have so enjoyed popping by and seeing what new craftiness our deliciousness you were bringing our way! Here's to a creative and productive 2013. Happy New Year to the "happy house" household :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved reading your blog this year, Happy New Year! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeousness - I remember some of these posts very well.

    Happy New Year Gillian and here's to many more and of course... 2013.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been wonderful to find your blog recently. I love this simple roundup...as you say it's a brilliant way to record things that would otherwise be forgotten .
    Your photography is inspiring too.
    Happy New Year lovely
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely, lovely pics, Gillian! Happy New Year to you and John, Bella and Angus! May it bring you all that makes your Happy Household happy! E x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very Lovely, Gillian! I am so happy I stumbled upon your blog...it's one of my very favorite! I wish you and your family lots of happiness, laughter, and good health for 2013! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's great to look back over the year, isn't it? It brings a lot of memories back.
    Happy new year to you and yours Gillian! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely memories of the year. Happy New Year, all the very best for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely look back. I have loved reading your blog, finding out what we are all up to and sharing stuff is great isn't it? :) Looking forward to reading more next year, love Nick and Morten xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely to have found you and your lovely blog Gillian ... wishing you and your lovely family a wonderful New Year ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't believe its a year! Love this space you have created, Have a fab NY, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking back at all the bits you hay have forgotten is the best!
    Happy New Year to you and your family, here's to a creative and fun filled 2013!

    Colette x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy New Year to you and your family! I've only just discovered your lovely blog and I'm looking forward to reading more in 2013 :-) You are a very inspiring lady!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can see you've enjoyed looking back over your year in blog posts as much as I did mine this afternoon. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy New Year to you Gillian. I look forward to reading more "Tales" in 2013!

    xxx
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy happy happy new year to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Gillian,
    Wishing you, John, Bella and Angus a fun filled, wonderful and Happy 2013. Thank you for sharing with us your wonderful photos and stories. It is always such a pleasure visit your world.
    Best wishes Ivan x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy New Year Gillian, it has been lovely to see your year in pictures and here's to more blogging adventures in 2013 x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope you have a wonderful 2013 with lots of laughs and wonderful crafty times - look forward to reading all about it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful pictures! I would like to have a 2013 like your 2012! Wishing you a very happy new year! /Niki

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy 2013 to you! Here's to a wonderful new year full of adventure! x

    ReplyDelete
  27. I know that, like most of us, you've had your ups and downs these last twelve months, but even if it didn't always feel like one it certainly looks like a pretty good year ... there are some wonderfully seasonally evocative images here.

    Have a brilliant 2013 Gillian! And thank you for your bloggy friendship :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. I don't know if it's just me or if everybody else encountering problems with
    your website. It appears like some of the text on your content are running off
    the screen. Can someone else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening to them as well?
    This might be a problem with my internet browser because I've had this happen before.
    Thanks

    my website; chi hair (http://urbancollection.com.pe/index.php/component/k2/itemlist/user/63)

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.