Saturday 29 December 2012

52 Weeks of Happy...11/52

We are being so very lazy today. It's lovely. John took the car to work and it's raining (still) so I can't see the children and I leaving the house all day. Anyway, it's after three now so it will be getting dark soon. We have done a lot of crafting, played with a lot of playmobil and built a huge train track all over the floor. Currently, Bella is writing a story about Barbie going to the pantomime and then to McDonalds, and Angus is playing with the wooden tool kit he was given for Christmas. 

A bit late but here all the same - joining in with Jen at little birdie, here are my simple, happy moments from the last week:

  • Baking gingerbread tree decorations with the children last Sunday, and watching them hang them on the tree. There are none left now.


Making up the bed with my new Christmas pillowcases. It's lovely to get away but even more lovely to come home to your own, comfortable, just-how-you-like-it bed.


Bella's love for the stick-on earrings she found in her Christmas stocking. Remember those? I used to pretend I'd had my ears pierced. Every day the chooses a new pair with great seriousness and ceremony, carefully matching the colour to what she is wearing



I hesitated to include this one - it's not exactly photogenic, is it? But goodness me these plastic storage boxes are making me happy! Anyone who has or had small children and no separate play room will understand why these boxes are included in this week's list.


20 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with a plastic storage box! Love Bella and her earrings too. Great happy things. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures Gillian. Love the Sylvanian Families narrow boat on top of your boxes. I put ours in the loft now the boys are older....along with the Gypsy Caravan and the bakery......too lovely to part with :0)
    Must make gingerbread for the tree next year.....and a house!
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her little earings!! so sweet. Good luck with the boxes, I wonder how long you can keep them like that!! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely happies Gillian ... I was just saying to my husband ... how we need some boxes for all the playsets ... it's the only way to create order ... love the little earrings ... I had them when I was little too ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been there with the plastic boxes - great that you can see what's in them. Lovely pillowcases xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember those boxes, they're a life saver! And I love the pretty pillowcases :D

    It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas ... happy days altogether :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretend earrings and new pillowcases, I'd be happy too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh love to hear stories about your children it brings back lots of memories about when mine were that age , thx for visiting my blog hopefully there will be lots of happy blogging in 2013xxpippa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just lovely, Gillian! Your new pillowcases are so gorgeous! You always have the most beautiful bed linens! It is lovely to get away, but like you, I always enjoy coming home to my own bed. Now I want new pillowcases after seeing yours!! I have never seen the pretend earrings, but they are so cute! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pillow cases and stick-on earrings, I too would be very happy with those (and the storage boxes!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. As soon as Christmas Day is over I just have an incredible urge to tidy and organise so its a big YESSS from me to storage boxes. You know, I ought to get a life......xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha, those boxes made me laugh. I try and hide them everywhere - under beds, armchairs, behind the sofa...
    Spotted your Sylvie canal boat. My youngest had that last Christmas and it's been top toy of the year.
    Ellie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love Bella and her earrings! It's definitely time to get organised, we could do with a few of those boxes...glad you've had a nice relaxing day! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that we all love the storage boxes. It is the simple things that make us happy!!!

    Oh and the pillowcases. I have a pillow case fetish. Don't tell anyone!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I used to wear stick on earrings all the time too!! Hehe, sweet memories.
    I also love your pillowcases, great print.

    Best wishes to you in the new year! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely pics, Gillian! Love the stick-on earrings - I'd have given anything for these as a child! And plastic boxes are a lifesaver so don't apologise for them! E x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yup, I totally get the storage box happiness! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love Bella's earrings, and the sound of her story too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember those earrings! And i kno exactly what you mean about the plastic boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the Christmas pilowcases!
    Happy new year!

    aliceinbo2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.