Wednesday 19 December 2012

52 Weeks of Happy...10/52

Joining in with Jen at little birdie, here are my happy moments from the last week:

Mini glitter balls on the Christmas tree are, on their own, a reason to be happy. But when they bounce the sunlight all around my living room, scattering hundreds of little spots of light all over the walls and ceiling, well that makes me even happier. It's like a little winter disco.


John is much better than I at reading the children their stories at bedtime. He does different voices and everything. I love seeing them enjoy books I loved as a child, like this one.


Small people at play (Bella did a good job of sharing her new birthday toy, and only got a bit cross when Angus knocked the tables over).


I finished wrapping my presents last night. But I can't feel to smug as there is just the small matter of completing a scarf for my sister by Sunday. I feel some crochet late nights coming up...


I am wishing you all a happy week. I hope you are enjoying the Christmas preparations and are not feeling overwhelmed by them. I still need to ice my Christmas cake, and do some more festive baking. Gingerbread tree decorations I think. And some mince pies, of course!

23 comments:

  1. lovely and homely, I like your label! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, so sweet Angus and daddy... Wrapping lovely also and you can't go far wrong with a glitter ball or three!!
    Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas - the count down has begun!!!
    Ivan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to mini glitter balls - we get morning sun on ours xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love how you've wrapped that present! Did you make the gift tag? Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - I buy those old fashioned tags from the local stationary shop and use a snowflake hole punch.

      Delete
  5. Dear Gillian
    Lovely photos and congratulations on being so organised. I'm still scrabbling about and need to get on with wrapping presents! I'm confident it will all get done though.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photo of Angus and John. Think I've got some of the same gingham wrapping paper as you! How did you make the dried orange decoration? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dried it in the oven very slowly - I will try and post about the oranges today and tomorrow. x

      Delete
    2. I mean today OR tomorrow...no-one loves oranges that much!

      Delete
  7. crocheting finally done, just stockings to stitch here before the weekend bakefest starts.

    Love the dried oranges and wool wrapping

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely happies ... the mini glitter balls are gorgeous ... and your wrapping is so pretty ... wishing you a lovely week ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you manage to finish the scarf. I still have to complete a blanket for my aunt but I did manage to make your Christmas chutney recipe today and it's delish.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely - we have mini glitter balls too and they make so happy! good luck with the late night crochet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely Gillian. My husband is better at bedtime stories too - I think it's because they come home with lots of kid-energy ready to go, where as ours has depleted over the day! Gorgeous wrapping there too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband is better at reading bedtime stories, too! I love the mini glitter balls...so fun! And you wrapping is so pretty and festive. I wish you a very happy week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gillian, these images & words are a perfect slice of happy today!! & your pretty package adorned with an orange slice.... it's exactly what I do & I use brown kraft paper too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Disco balls are the best!
    Don't you just love the FC picture where he's sat on the loo, we have laughed at that so much over the years. It must be a dad things as G does the voices too and makes it much more entertaining.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for happy things. I love Bella's new toy. I kinda wanna play too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have filled a glass vase with glitter ball baubles and you're right, they cast such a pretty pattern when the light hits them. I haven't iced my cake yet either. That's on the to do list for tomorrow - along with about a million other things! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! You won an award on my blog Color 'n Cream. X Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  18. The dried orange on the present adds such a beautiful touch. I have the same Christmas disco ball decorations and they are some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.