Tuesday 3 July 2012

Sunshine on a Rainy Day



Hello there! Firstly, thank you for all your comments and suggestions for scone recipes - all much appreciated. I will attempt scones later this week. And I was able to buy a new lens cap for the mighty sum of £3.62 on Amazon, phew.

Back in May (was it really that long ago??) Donna at Little Acorns and Hazel at Ramblings and Suchlike nominated me for a Sunshine Award. Thank you both very much - I love to read you blogs and am very happy that you enjoy reading mine too. But I have been very tardy at reciprocating. Then on Saturday, Lyn at everyday life was also kind enough to nominate me for another Sunshine award, which provided the reminder and kick up the butt I needed to get going. Thank you all. The general gist is that I answer some questions about myself then nominate some blogs I love to read to do the same, and so on. Not everyone likes to be tagged, but I think the questions provide a nice way for readers to get to know a blogger a little better. So here goes...

1. What is your favourite colour? Currently bright yellow, this particular shade in fact...


2. What is your favourite animal? I honestly can't think of one. I like dogs a lot. And I'm loving my friend Rachel's two new kittens.

3. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink? Builder's tea (strong, just a drop of milk) first thing in the morning. While we're on the subject, I like a certain type of mug. The rim must not be too thin or too thick, it can't be too shallow or it cools too quickly, or too big which makes a weak cuppa. This is mug is acceptable. No-one can call me a princess.


4. Do you prefer twitter or facebook? I don't have a twitter account so it would have to be facebook. I keep whittling my friends list down so that it just includes family and people who really are friends, and I like the way it makes me stay in touch with people.

5. What is your passion? Does it have to be only one? Family, friends, creating a home, making, baking, reading, the sea... At the moment it is granny squares.



6. What is your favourite pattern? I very much like patterns with a repeated, leaf or flower design and a retro influence. Practically anything by Orla Kiely, like my new hand towel. The woman is a genius. 


7. Do you prefer giving or receiving presents? There is nothing nicer than planning a present for someone, knowing how much they will love it, wrapping it and then watching their faces when they open it. Having said that, these roses my friend Sam grew in her garden and gave me yesterday were very well received...



...not to mention the daisies Bella picked for me on our way home from school.



8. What is your favourite number? Honestly, that question baffles me. I don't have one. When we finally win the lottery, those numbers will be my favourite numbers.

9. What is your favourite day of the week? Saturday. I love Saturday mornings and the promise of all that is to come over the weekend, especially if John is off. He works every other weekend and I used to dread those weekends when the children were very small. But now, especially since Bella started school, I have come to treasure the days when it is just them and I, and we can do as much or as little as we please.

10. What is your favourite flower? Tulips, always tulips, but peonies, roses and sweet peas are all welcome in my house.


I would like to pass the Sunshine Award on to:


Colette at Colette Moscrop
Col at hello olive
Jenny at Audrey Finch
Greer at ...typically red
Veronica at giggles and chatter

All blogs that I love and read regularly. Ladies - I am not at all offended if tagging is not your thing and you'd rather not take part. My nomination just means that I like your ideas, your writing, your crafting, your photography and your creativity, and find your blogs hugely enjoyable and very inspiring.

22 comments:

  1. Hey sunshine! A good mug is a must. Scott and I always bicker about who is drinking out of what mug...how sad! By the way. I always use Mary Berry's scone recipe. It works every time! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of people have suggested the Mary Berry recipe - i think it is high time I invested in a Mary Berry cook book! x

      Delete
  2. this is very lovely. thanks gillian for thinking of me. it was nice to read a little more about you too. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, I always enjoy visiting your blog for your spectacular photos. x

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the award, well deserved. I enjoyed reading your answers to the questions and getting to know you a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you. We just need some real life sunshine now...

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous list.

    I have those wellies too - in that very shade. They never fail to bring a smile to my face when I wear them though the rain is wearing a little thin for my liking now.

    Nina xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those wellies may be my all time favourite purchase ever! Love them. Warm, dry, good grip for icy pavements...but yes, like you say, the rain is wearing VERY thin. x

      Delete
  5. Hello! Thanks so much for the award :-) I really need a bit of sunshine today! I'm looking forward to discovering some new blogs too (and I will definitely get around to answering the questions but I am a bit of a procrastinator!) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Although really I should stop visiting you as all your Etsy suggestions are not good for my bank balance...but I can't help myself. x

      Delete
  6. Adore the colour of your wells - very much needed today x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad I bought such a sunny colour, it cheers me up when I wear them! x

      Delete
  7. Love that towel! What a gorgeous colour and pattern!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congratualtions on a very much deserved Sunshine Award. I'm with you on the mug - I've got my favourite, it's just the right thickness, and woe betide anybody else who uses it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for nominating me - sorry it took me two months to get around to doing it!

      Delete
  9. Lovely to get to 'know' you a bit better, I'm with you on the mug - my favourites are all bone china, with a different mug for different times of day. I only have my very favourite after the tiddlers are in bed, and I can enjoy a stress free quiet cuppa! (I need to get out more, clearly!)

    Thank you so much for passing it on to me, and I love those wellies, I have wellie envy now. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am relieved it is not just me who is fussy about their preferred mug! I get heart palpitations when Angus "helps" me empty the dishwasher and touches the mugs...we've lost a couple of Emma Bridgewater ones that way.

      Delete
  10. Congratulations on the sunshine award...well deserved!!! I enjoy reading your blog along with your lovely photos. It's great getting to know you a bit better... you are such a lovely person! And I love that you reply to each comment. It really lets your readers now that you appreciate us stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia, that is so sweet of you. I love the comments, they are the best bit, i feel like I am chatting to people in different parts of the world which is so much fun!

      Delete
  11. Why did I miss this lovely post - work is a hassle; I am struggling to keep up! Love this post and your sunshine award is well deserved x Love your list, the wellies, two bunches of lovely flowers, that towel and some fantastic looking crochet! Well done you are going great guns! Am going to check if I missed anything else...x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! :-) You gave me my first "tag" - back in March, I was thrilled. Not long till the end of term now, need to get cracking on my teacher presents.

      Delete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.