Sunday 17 February 2019

February Happies



 Making me happy this month....


:: Days where there is the scent of spring in the air and it's still light when I walk the dog after work.


 :: Mandarins which are still wearing their waxy, dark green leaves.



:: Hyacinth bulbs, bought in the supermarket and repotted into favourite bowls.


:: Bella learning how to make Rocky Road bars.


:: Snowdrops.


:: This dog, always greeting me with more joy and delight than any human in this house, his tail banging against everything as it wags furiously, circling my legs. We're still working on Not Jumping Up.


:: Hot pink stalks of early forced rhubarb.


:: Rhubarb and custard cake, cooling on the kitchen windowsill. 


:: The biggest, squishiest ball of yarn, made up of six strands of DK wound together and destined to become a throw. The colours remind me of liquorice allsorts. 


:: And today, a lovely day out at Petworth House with friends and the fact that tomorrow is half term so no Sunday night feeling!

Thank you very much for your comments on my jumper. I have worn it three times already this week, a sure sign that it's going to become a favourite. Now that I've finished such a long term project I feel like I can start thinking about my next one, and have ordered wool for one, bought fabric for two more, and am in the middle of making a set of tiny clothes for my niece's favourite rabbit. I'm having so much fun with it, I will show you the results soon. Wishing you all a happy week ahead. 

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy your week off! The rhubarbcake and rocky road are looking fantastic, and I think they taste also fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a lovely post to read. I hope you have a wonderful half term break :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful photos! I would love to see the servant's quarters at Petworth House. Have a wonderful break. Looking forward to seeing the tiny rabbit's clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yarn does indeed look like a liquorice allsort! Now I have a craving for them...hmmm.

    I hope you have a lovely break!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. An interesting review. Enjoy half term. I love the sound of rhubarb and custard cake. Do you have the recipe to share please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those snowdrops are heartstring-tuggingly beautiful! I am SO ready for spring this year, but I don't trust the very mild, sunny weather just yet; I think we're in for another cold spell and possibly some snow before winter really says good-bye until its next season.
    Rocky Road - yumm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your photos, they're so professional! That is going to be one chunky throw! John is really the cook and bake in our house, as he's retired and I work, and he's really good. He made huge cheese scones and Chelsea buns yesterday, YUMMY! Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely to see rhubarb, it's that time of year again, hurray. I shall look forward to seeing tiny rabbit clothes. We are also still working on Not Jumping Up. Well, to be honest, I think we've almost given up. Don't tell the puppy training lady. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just bought some wool ( I haven't knitted for over 20 years and thought I would have a go as there are so many inspiring blogs like yours) but cannot find a pattern - just want to knit something for one of the new babies in our family. I can see lovely things on Pinterest but nothing like them in pattern books in the shops. Lookng forward to seeing what you do with the big ball of wool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always lovely, seeing your photographs... happy half term!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely happy set of pictures. the rhubarb and custard cake looks so nice I may well make one. Thanks for the recipe link.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happies indeed. We trained our dog not to jump by touching the floor when he jumped up and putting a tiny treat down. Now we just touch the floor (or point down) and he stays put. We also used to turn our backs on him if he still did it. It works if you all agree to do the same, kids included! Good Luck with your throw. My spice for life blanket is so addictive. Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.