Saturday 10 August 2013

52 Weeks of Happy...43/52



The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.

It's been a busy week. It's been a tiring week too, but mainly it's been very happy. My sister Anna and her two girls came to stay and it's been such a treat having so much time together to chat and catch up, and to have some precious time with my nieces who I see only two or three times a year. So, joining in with my friend Jen at little birdiehere are a few of our happies from the last seven days:

1. Three beds all in a row. My nieces, Jennifer and Eleanor, shared Bella's bedroom this week. There was much whispering and giggling long after they should've been asleep.

2. Bella's passion for all things royal continues - she drew this picture of a palace guard last weekend. She started it over about three times before deciding this one was suitable. Great concentration was needed and my job was to pass her the felt pens. We are going to post it to Buckingham Palace. Wouldn't it be wonderful if she got a reply?

3. Fun on our local city farm. The birds and animals are quite tame and roam about among the children. Although to be honest the main attraction for me was the indoor play barn where my sister and I let the kids loose on the toys and sat down chatting with cups of tea for a couple of hours. 

4. Gladioli, £2, looking pretty on the mantle piece. 

I wish you all a fun weekend. It's cool and cloudy here and we are very much hoping it doesn't rain as John has just painted the front door. We've got friends coming over later with their kids to stay the night so I need to tidy up and get the hoover out. I am starting to feel like a small hotel, one which doesn't charge but where the proprietor drinks slightly too much wine and makes the guests sleep on sofa beds among the toys.



27 comments:

  1. I do hope that you get a reply from Buckingham Palace, that picture certainly deserves one. I give it a hooray! Love the Gladioli, I never buy them as I can't think how they would look in a vase, might have to rethink that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missed you in blogland, but your catching up with sisters and nieces sounded perfect.

    Children love a sleepover don't they? Alfie hs been hassling me about one for a couple of weeks, but we've been too busy. The picture reminds me of Mr Ben, a favourite children's show of mine. I hope she gets a reply. Sam got one from Tony Blair once. He invited him to tea, and got a reply saying he was honoured to be asked but alas wouldn't be able to come. He got Xmas card from Downing Street that year too!!

    Have a lovely time with your friends.

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gillian, you would run the best hotel! Love your happies this week, Bella's picture is ace, she is a very creative lady, just like her Mum. What colour did you paint the door? We are getting a new one in a few weeks and I keep changing my mind on what shade to go with! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of lovely happys! Your daughters picture is so lovely! I'll keep my fingers crossed that she gets a reply. The girls beds in a row look so sweet my daughter loves to play with her cousins and they always whisper into the night too hehe.
    So lovely you had time with your sister. I'm enjoying having my brother over at the moment. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a super picture - clever Bella! I do hope she receives a reply.

    I'd stay at your hotel any day of the week; sounds just my cup of tea! ;-)

    Have a lovely evening.

    Hxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, little girl sleepovers are the best! I know they had such fun together. Bella's drawing is wonderful... I sure hope she gets a reply! She is very talented for her age. I do hope you share your new front door color! Have a great evening with friends... it sounds just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure your hotel would be the most fun of all. Bella is becoming quite the artist. I really hope she gets a reply. Have a good time with your company.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, soooo lovely!!!! Have a good weekend.:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feeling slightly autumnal here. Think in a similar style of hotel manager on the wine front :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous picture, I et the queen will stick it on her bedroom wall!
    Enjoy the wine I say, your treat for playing the host.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. My kind of hotel!
    Looks lots of fun - enjoy your happy days x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photos and lovely happies. Glad you have been having such a good time with your sister, it sounds wonderful. Maybe the Queen will come to stay next. I always tell the boys they must learn good manners in case she comes to tea one day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Bella's picture - her soldier looks full of personality! Sounds like you should consider opening a B&B - lots of takers here! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love put up beds in rows...and the giggles that go with them! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bella's picture is lovely.
    And I love the row of beds covered with quilts. Did you sew them?
    And your last sentence made me laugh! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been away for a few days, it's lovely to come back and read lovely blogs again :) I've been feeling the autumnal turn too - I'm trying hard to ignore it, but when the sun seems to have taken a holiday too it's difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely week it sounds like you've had and I so hope Bella gets a reply from the Palace! That would be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sleepovers are so much fun ... I loved when my cousins came to stay ... I hope Bella gets her letter ... her picture is beautiful ... wishing you a lovely weekend ... Bee xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like just the place to come and spend a few nights, especially if we can stay up giggling after lights out :) Love Bella's picture and I'm sure she'll get a reply even if it's in a couple of months :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. doesn't the Queen have facebook now? maybe you could send it that way?

    ReplyDelete
  21. When I visit the UK (in fantasyland) I'm staying at your Hotel - sounds like the best fun ever! Love Bella's picture too. Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  22. It sounds like the best kind of hotel to me!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bella's picture is the sweetest!! I really hope she gets a reply! We're hoping to visit Buckingham Palace before the end of the hols - if you give me your address we'll send you a postcard ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can I stay at your hotel please! Don't hoover, you will only need to when they have gone. Just drink more wine. I am back from holidays with a new cardigan all finished. Jo x

    http://joeveryday19.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love Bella's picture, so sweet. I would also love to stay at your hotel, I think I would be very happy there!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love Bella's picture of the palace guard. I do hope you'll get a reply from the palace!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Bella is quite the little artist! Lovely week and how fab to have your sis over too

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.