Tuesday 10 January 2012

Courgette and Brie Soup


We bought some nice cheese at Christmas . Lots of cheese. Too much probably. And we had some old brie languishing at the back of the fridge so I thought I would make this soup. The recipe is from The Covent Garden Soup book ( quite an old edition I think) and it's very easy. And tasty.


Chop three courgettes, two potatoes and one onion and put them in a large pan with two pints of vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and cook for 15 minutes. Cut the rind off the end of the cheese ,(the recipe says around 225g but I only had half this amount) chop it into pieces then stir into the soup until it melts.



Blend until smooth and foamy, then season. It doesn't really need any cream as the cheese makes it quite rich. 


It's such an delicious soup and I make it often, hoping that any nutrients from the courgettes make up for the undeniably calorific cheese. My friend Debora is coming over tomorrow with her boys and staying for lunch. I don't think I will have time to make any bread so I will try to remember to buy some after I drop Bella off at school tomorrow morning. 



1 comment:

  1. Hallo, I just discovered your blog yesterday (I'm reading back from the start). Love your blog, and love this soup (which I have just made). Anna

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.