Sunday 5 December 2021

A Stitch A Day: November


November's section of my stitch a day sampler is here. I did find this month hard to squeeze in, without any school holiday giving me the chance to catch up on missed days in daylight hours, but I kept plugging away at it because that time spent sewing, either in the evening or at the weekend, is a lifesaver. Making myself stop and find some quiet time to sit and sew, when life is so frenetically busy, really keeps me on an even keel.

I always think of November as a transitional month, poised between peak autumn in October and the start of winter and Christmas in December. But there are still many things to celebrate and remember, including Bonfire Night, Stir-up Sunday, festive shopping trips and much more.

November, from the edge inwards, brought:

  1. takeaway piizza
  2. bonfire night
  3. parkin cake
  4. falling leaves
  5. fireworks
  6. advent candle
  7. toffee apple
  8. sparkler
  9. yarn
  10. pine
  11. poppy for Remembrance Day
  12. socks
  13. late garden dahlias
  14. fairy lights
  15. hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows
  16. flying geese
  17. mittens
  18. ribbon for wrapping presents
  19. mince pie
  20. woolly jumper
  21. stir-up Sunday
  22. flat which mushroom
  23. bare tree branches
  24. saucepan of porridge
  25. cold weather
  26. scarf
  27. casserole pot
  28. haircut and colour
  29. gingerbread
  30. Christmas shopping




Only December left to sew now, the month I have been looking forward to the most. 

14 comments:

  1. It's absolutely beautiful. Are you every stumped for the little images or do they come to mind easily?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the final section completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This project is amazing and I love love love your work. Kathy, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is absolutely beautiful! What a treasure it will be....a real family heirloom. I love it!
    Bronwyn, New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  5. You already know how much I love this project, but I'll say it again: I love this project - each and every stitch of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect, as always... I wish you beautiful days!
    Catherine, Czech Republic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely record of your days.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks stunning, a great achievement. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas exhaustion, that's teaching for you! Really looking forward to december - so are my girls. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I look for ideas in Pinterest for 365 days stitches and i found your work ! So beautiful and inspiring ! It will be my 2022 challenge, i hope i could something beautiful too ! (sorry my english )

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so amazing to look at and see all the hard work it has taken. Truly something to treasure.
    Have a well earned rest from school and enjoy being with your family x

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.