Tuesday 6 December 2022

November: crochet, fireworks and the last of the pumpkins

November.

There was a lot of rain, and a lot of mud.


But also brief moments when the sun came out and shone brightly into gloomy corners of the house.

And sent long, long shadows across the fields. 


And had me running for the camera to try to get a good photo of the patchwork quilt.



It's been a busy month for crochet. I started and finished a scarf in about a week, a lovely chunky, thick one. Pattern from here



I made these adorable orange slices from this brilliant book, which I've hung on the mantle.


I finally finished these socks, which I started months ago but abandoned over the summer. Angus kindly modelled them for me. They are the best crochet socks I have found because the ribbing on the front means they stretch when you pull them on.


They are also extremely warm, ideal when the weather is as cold as it is at the moment. 


The pattern is from here and the beautiful yarn from here


Other lovely things include a morning out at a Christmas craft fair, full of the most beautiful vintage and handmade inspiration. 



I bought some Christmas presents and this stool made its way home with me.


There has also been a three-week long cold, busy weeks at work, mock exams for Bella, little treats like haircuts and manicures, books, baking (pumpkin loaf was a winner), walks in the countryside and a lot more. Life feels unsustainably busy at the moment, with the coming weeks getting busier by the day. I am counting down the days until the Christmas holidays for a little breather. 


5 comments:

  1. It really is the busiest time of the year, isn't it? Your socks are so pretty and look very warm and cozy! And I love the orange slices garland. It's very festive for this time of year. Stay warm as I've heard the UK is expecting cold weather and maybe even some snow in places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, and I love your crochet work! May I ask where you bought your alarm clock from, I have been looking for something similar. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though it is getting toward the grey part of the year, I love all the color in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another sweet post and love the photos and ideas once again. Thanks for sharing and wishing you and your family a most lovely happy holiday

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.