Sunday 29 May 2022

May



Some highlights from the the (mostly) sunny month of May,

:: Angus's birthday.


There were balloons and presents and a chocolate fudge cake which was a total disaster appearance-wise, layers sliding every which which, held together with toothpicks, but one of the most delicious birthday cakes I've ever made.
 

:: Cow parsley in all the hedgerows, filling the expanse of green with their tiny, frothy-white flowers.


:: My Dad's birthday, a big one, one with a zero on the end, and celebrated with all the family, a pizza oven, lots of delicious food and wine.


:: The breathtaking green of May.


:: Six brass crescent moons, suspended above our bed in a perfect little garland. They make the gentlest tinkling sound when the wind catches them. 


:: The relief of a thirsty garden after a good rainfall.


:: Fresh herbs in pots for fresh herb omelettes, my new favourite thing.


:: A sparkly sofa and rug, freshly cleaned by a man with a machine. All our chairs and rugs were spotless for a good 24 hours. 


:: The rhododendron in the back garden, gradually coming into bloom. 



:: A permanent place on the family wall for my Stitch a Day sampler.


:: Socks. Any kind of motivation to crochet or sew anything is sorely lacking at the moment - I  struggle to keep my eyes open past 9pm lately - but I am slowly plugging away at these socks and very much liking the yarn. Pattern here and yarn here


:: A spectacular thunder storm.


:: A day out in Southsea, to celebrate Angus's birthday. There were slot machines on the pier, churros, a walk around Old Portsmouth and burgers for lunch.







1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Angus. I'm interested to see your crochet socks Gillian when you've finished them. I've yet to crochet socks yet... got the yarn ready. I used to live in Southsea, our first house in 1987 for about 9 months. A short walk to Fratton station, I worked in Petersfield. Cx

    ReplyDelete

Hello there! Thank you for leaving a comment. I read them all and I always try to answer questions, although sometimes it takes me a while.